Frequently Asked Questions
Aqualyte is suitable for a wide range of uses from casual sporting to regular use or just for daily hydration maintenance in the outdoor workplace. If you usually do not use or prepare hydration drinks check out our FAQ below or get in touch if you have further questions we will be happy to help.
Why is Aqualyte Different?
Aqualyte is a HYPOTONIC solution with an osmolality of 150mosmol/L.
Studies have shown that HYPOTONIC drinks are more effective than isotonic drinks or plain water, which means Aqualyte, will move from the gut into the blood supply faster.
Why is Aqualyte the preferred rehydration drink?
- Prevents dehydration as it is rapidly absorbed keeping pace with sweat loss.
- Contains appropriate levels of glucose to help prevent fatigue.
- Fewer calories than other drinks, cordials and soft drinks which helps to prevent some health related issues.
- Maintains the correct electrolyte balance.
- Delays the onset of fatigue.
- Less acidic than many other drinks making it better for oral health.
- Aids concentration in work and sport, which many caffeine rich drinks can compromise.
How is Aqualyte Prepared and Consumed?
- Aqualyte is provided in dry crystal form.
- Mix with the recommended volume of water to create a HYPOTONIC solution.
- Aqualyte can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks when made up.
- Consume Aqualyte throughout working shifts and sports activity in proportion to sweat loss.
- Do not rely on thirst as an indicator of the need for fluid replacement.
Aqualyte is suitable for children and adults of all ages.
TIP: Adding ice to chill your drinks is a great idea but please account for this extra volume to maintain effectiveness and flavour.
When should I use Aqualyte?
How do I store excess Aqualyte?
Aqualyte is sold in single use packages for ease of use and accurate volume mixing. We recommend that you purchase Aqualyte in a volume suitable for the container you are going to mix it in to avoid wastage and to help with the correct ratio of solution to water mix.
However if for example have a 20 litre mix and only have a 10 litre container then the remaining Aqualyte can be store in an air tight container for later reuse.
Once prepared how long can I keep my Aqualyte for?
Aqualyte can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks when made up.
When mixing large quantities
- Put a 1/4 of the water into the container and mix Aqualyte until fully dissolved.
- Add the remaining water stirring occasionally.
- To get the concentration right – take into account the volume of ice being used. 2kg of ice is approximately 2 litres of water so for a 20 litre container (800g sachet of Aqualyte) add 18 litres of water and 2kg of ice.